Well, this certainly wasn’t what I expected. My night ended up being a major catastrophe! My husband had asked if I would make him some brownies, and thinking this might put a spark back into our marriage, I decided to oblige. But what what was suppose to be a perfect dinner, with that special dessert, turned out to be a major disaster.
First off, he hated the Chile Verde I made, although he was okay with the cheese and onion corn muffins.
Then, the brownies… Let’s just say, the oven decided to overheat and go up in flames! I had to finish the brownies in the microwave oven, which led them to be way to moist and greasy. Nasty!
So while the house survived my oven’s bad timing, I’m very sure the neighbors were panicking as the smoke seeped out the doors and windows. Thankfully this house came equipped with a mini fire extinguisher, otherwise I might have had to call our local guys from the fire department out. Hmmm. I wonder if I could have requested them to strike a pose without their gear and show the husband the photos. After all, it would be for a good cause! Wonder if he would notice me then! HA!
So in closing, I leave you with my attempted look for the day.
P.S. I did get to the library! Lots to tell soon!
P.P.S I had to go outside to write this because of the mad house inside, and the bugs are biting. At least someone thinks I’m sweet!